Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a painting by R.W.S. - Born 1783, painted 1850 and

Customer Question

I have a painting by ***** ***** R.W.S. - Born 1783, painted 1850 and died in 1859. Could you give me an idea of what this painting may be worth? I know there is one of his pieces on permanent collection at the British Museum of Art.
Thank you!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.

Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

Please tell me the sight dimensions of your painting not including the frame.

I also need to know the subject matter.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.

***** ***** used several different mediums.

Please tell me if your painting is an oil, watercolor, pencil and ink, etc.

Kind regards,

Doris