Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I hav a signed and collored Lithographie by Lillian Cheviot

Customer Question

good evening, i hav a signed and collored Lithographie by Lillian Cheviot motiv is a single dog
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hello Bergmann,

A black and white photogravure print after the artist Lilian Cheviot entitled "I don't feel quite well today" that was published in 1896 sold for $2400 against a $300 - $370 etsimate at Christie's in Paris.

Here is the link to that auction sale for you:

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/prints-multiples/dapres-lilian-cheviot-i-dont-feel-quite-5474764-details.aspx

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Nora, thanks for answer but this dont helps me. i send you the picture of my colored photogravure and for me is important to know if that colored one is an originale or not?
best regards ***** *****
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bernhard,

I can certainly help you determine if you have an original. In order to do so I will need very clear, in-focus, close-up images of the surface of the print and the small print words, if any, on there. You can send the photos at your convenience and it does not cost extra to do so.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Nora, thanks for your answer. how and where i can send you some images ? oneimage i send allready at the beginning of conversation.
Best regards Bernhard
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

There are 4 images in total attached here to our question thread, of which 3 are the same. I will need to see an extreme close-up of the surface, even closer than the one attached here showing the signature so as to detect the printing process. Please send at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

or

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Nora, sorry i need some time to make some better and bigger pictures about signatur.
enclosed i send you some pictures and i hope they are now good.
Best Regards Bernhard
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bernhard,

This is a later machine produced print image of a work by Lilian Cheviot. The size of an original is 28 x 84 cm and if you use a magnifying glass the image surface has a dot matrix pattern indicative of machine printing.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Nora, ca you tell me when that print was made and whats about the value of that item?
best regards Bernhard
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Your print was produced in the 20th century, framed the value is $40 - $60 on today's market.

~Nora