Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

Nora..thanks help. Please appraise the following image

Customer Question

Hi Nora..thanks for your help. Please appraise the following image
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.

There are approximately 40 listed artists with the last name Blair. Are there any identifiers on the back side of the artwork to indicate first name or year painted? If you can provide a clear, in-focus close-up image of the signature, that will help in making a match to a signature if by a listed artist.

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Nora his full name is ***** ***** All of the artist I'm sending are from south carolina. I hope this helps!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also..I'm currently out of town and unable to take any additional pics. Im.so very sorry. However I will be returning monday evening and any other pics you might need I will send then..if that is okay.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.

Yes, you can send images at any time. If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again.

I did gather the majority of artists were localized, and I am familiar with how that happens with collectors ;)

Carl Raymond Blair (b. 1932) is a listed artist. In fact a very similar work to yours, and likely from the same series, from 1968 that is entitled Perennial Legend III sold for $5500 against only a $500 - $1000 estimate at Brunk Auctions. Here is a link to the painting on the membership database site I use, not sure if you can see the image/info - let me know:

http://www.askart.com/Artist_Auction_Lot_Detail.aspx?artist=116894&lot=587625

As for your painting, it is possible to expect up to $5000 - $6000 for it, given the previous benchmark.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora