Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a pitcher with markings that say v. Ridgeway co.

Customer Question

I have a pitcher with markings that say v. Ridgeway co. Dated 1868
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.

This is a pottery jug made by Ridgways of England in 1835 (I know it is a poor stamp and does look like 1868, but these were always marked 1835). This is called a Tam O' Shanter jug because it depicts a scene from an old poem called the Tam O'Shanter. The value of this pitcher/jug is $75.00 in white. These were made in blue, white and a mustard yellow; the white being the least valuable of the colors.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.

I see that you have read my answer.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.