Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I would like an estimation of value on a silk screen from

Customer Question

I would like an estimation of value on a silk screen from 1991 signed and stamped
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is asian art
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. EVEN IF YOU GET EMAILS PROMPTING A RATING. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you.

Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.

I cannot tell you who painted this but, I can value this for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
okay but how can you value it if you don't know who the artist is? Just curious, not trying to be facetious !
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This was on the back of the original frame but Its impossible to make out. The spelling is close to a very famous artist but unless they spelt it wrong I dont think it is.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was purchased in Brazil in the 90's
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

We do these Asian silk paintings a lot, have years of experience valuing them without knowing the artist. There are not many people who can read these, and we have none on here.

The label is on the frame? This name does not look like the name signed on the piece. Can you send a picture of the piece ? What do you think this name says?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Th original 2 pictures I sent are of the piece un framed the label was affixed to the original backing paper.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal. This will also cost you more money to do that.

.

I need to see the picture of this, and there is only one picture here. There is one with the red stamp, and signature then the one of the label. No picture of the piece.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can see it at the beginning of this thread img-new. JPEG . I will send another one now.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello

We the appraisers cannot see what you see, all I see is the image you uploaded that shows, the red seal and a name; http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/yF9zfc6z/IMG_463422.jpg

.

Thank you for the picture what size is this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
20 x 28.5"
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars!

To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer.
The Asian Silk Screen Painting, circa: 90's, 20 x 28.5, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $450.00-575.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.

Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.

Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.

You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! Please let me know if you rate this answer, if it did not go through then I can take appropriate measures to make sure I am credited for this. Thanks for letting me know.

Thank you so much!
Glenda