Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a 2" pewter little girl figurine K C is the 101 of

Customer Question

I have a 2" pewter little girl figurine K C is the mark 101 of 10,000 is her limited edition count she has asterisk stars on her gown and Danish or German style head cover that ties under her neck like an old style sleeping or little girls bonnet. How do I find out what the artist is and how old it is?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 2 years ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide a picture of the figurine?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have uploaded 2 cell phone photos of the item. Thank you for any information or if you need better pictures.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Picture of bottom of figurine
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 2 years ago.

Could you confirm that the full text of the mark is on "KC"? I cannot find a manufacturer for this mark, it's possible that a part of the mark has worn?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I went to a coin shop who looked at it thru a jewelers glass and they stated it was a K C.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've added better pics of the bottom
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 2 years ago.

OK, unfortunately, as I'm unable to find the manufacturer, I will opt out the question so another expert can answer your question.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Sir, you are appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Robert, I thank you for all of your time with this issue, but I had my son look at the item once again and we both firmly believe that the K O is correct because you can see where it looks like it was worn or scraped.
Sorry for all the time on this....but all of your efforts are deeply appreciated. Sharon
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.

I believe that what you have is a later 20th century miniature metal figurine based on a character from illustrations by Kate Greenaway, and that the initials are K.G. Many metal figures were made based on her children's book illustrations since the late 19th century and still today.

Here are some examples for you as comparables:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pewter+kate+greenaway+figurine&espv=2&biw=1302&bih=697&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMIj_WKkq2WyAIVwnA-Ch3d9ABQ#imgrc=737ZvZfWrU4NWM%3A

https://www.kovels.com/price-guide/toys-dolls-price-guide/kate-greenaway/Page-2.html

~Nora

~Nora