Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a 22' bisgue doll with a kid body and corked stuffed

Customer Question

I have a 22' bisgue doll with a kid body and corked stuffed legs. She has human hair and fur eyebrows. She has 370 AM-l-DEP on the back of her neck. She belonged to my aunt so she is at least 95 years old. Can you please tell me...what do I have?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. EVEN IF YOU GET EMAILS PROMPTING A RATING. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you.

Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.x
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.x

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.x
Or you may use this method:
.x
Go to www.imgur.com
.x
click on Computer
.x
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.x
Hit open.
.x
Click on Start Upload
.x
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.x
.x
.x
.x
.x
This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.
http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...
.x
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.x
.x
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.x
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.x
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.x
.x
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Glenda'
I have asked my question...I have paid my money...and I have waited 24 hours. I am very upset that I still don't have an answer and I can't decipher all the instructions that I'm still supposed to now follow. This was supposed to be "just answer". So...will you please just answer my question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kris XXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning,

I am sorry, I cannot answer this without a picture of what you have. If I answer this, gave you a value without looking at this it would be completely dishonest and a lie! I have to see what you have in order to research that and give you a value. I am aware that this is

"Just Answer" but, that does not mean the Certified Appraisers that come to the justanswer site do not do honest and professional jobs, and as such we have to see what a customer has in order to do that job honestly, ethically and professionally.

The instructions I gave as ways to get me pictures are step step instructions in order for the customer to chose which one is best suited for them. It gives them options to send images.

They are broken down in 4 ways, 1. Up load to the site. 2. Use Imgur picture host site. 3. Use Photobucket picture host site or 4. Email the pictures to the Justanswer support and they send them to the appraiser.

I am sorry you cannot get me a picture of what you have but, without that I would be lying to you by giving you a value since I cannot see this, and I will not just throw out a value on an item I cannot see unless I personally know the item, and I do not know this doll since I cannot see this doll.

.

I am sorry,

Glenda

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Glenda,
Thank you for the information. I will try to Email you a photo. I'm really not as interested in the dollar amount she is worth as I am what kind of doll she is and when she was manufactured (how old she is). She is a keepsake and I am not interested in selling her.
Kris
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

Ok, thank you