Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

Thanks my question.....I have 30 small books that appear to

Customer Question

Thanks for taking my question.....I have 30 small books that appear to be a set. They are called "Little Leather Library" New York...Do not see a date of any kind on them. On the front of each one it has a title of what is in the book and the author...Kipling, Longfellow, Oscar Wilde, Dickens, to name a few. They are approx. 3" by 4" and are in not excellent, but good condition. They were owned by an aunt of my husband...and both have passed away. Not in any hurry, but was just wondering if you have knowledge of these and any kind of value on them.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research data to give the most accurate answer.

Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

I researched your question before I decided to answer.

My research indicated that your set of 30 volumes entitled Little Leather Library, published in New York dates early 1900's.

I further found that its retail vintage book store value would be $500 assuming good condition.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris