Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a lamp and i 't know much about it except it was in

Customer Question

I have a lamp and i don't know much about it except it was in my mothers family. it has a man and girl playing instrument. table lamp. can't find markings
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

This is a vintage boudoir lamp with a porcelain figural base on a metal plinth that dates to circa 1930's. Without a maker mark or country of origin stamp, who made this and where it is from cannot be definitively stated. It was likely produced in Japan for export and had a foil sticker label on it that has since been removed. On today's market, this can sell for a high of $40 - $60.

~Nora