Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Value of a set of antique Haviland France Limoges gold

Customer Question
trimmed set of 12 china...
value of a set of antique Haviland France Limoges gold trimmed set of 12 china, dinnerware.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
9/8/2015
Antique Expert: Doris, Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research data to give the most accurate answer.

Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

Please send me a photo of a cup and saucer showing the pattern.

I also need a photo of the marks on the bottom of a plate.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

I also need to know if your set serves 12 guests, If so, these are called 12 place settings.

How any pieces are in each place setting? What serving pieces do you have? These can add a lot to value.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them, they are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris

Your question about the Haviland China....

I have not heard back from you.

Did you have trouble with photos?

Just in case you did -

Please send your photos the email method.

This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:
Please follow the questions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to,***@******.***

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.
In the body of the message put, your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with
Just Answer,so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer
techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours.
.
They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Kind regards,

Doris

Doris
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser