ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

I Have A Bill Wade NFL Football Signed by the entire 1963

Customer Question

I Have A Bill Wade NFL Football Signed by the entire 1963 Cleveland Browns team. This includes ***** *****, Lou Groza, Frank Ryan, and the rest of the team. How much is it worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the inquiry! The market for 1960s sports memorabilia is often dependent on the success of the sports team for that given season. I searched through auction records and another 1963 team-signed Cleveland Browns football sold for a bid of $250 against an estimate of $500 to $750 at auction earlier this year (see: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/37582069_1963-cleveland-browns-team-signed-football-39).

For a retail replacement insurance value, $750 should be sufficient while for resale, $200 to $400 would be reasonable to expect.

Following up to see if I may provide further service as you have not elected to rate the question!