Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a picture that belonged to my mothers laws

Customer Question

I have a picture that belonged to my mothers laws grandmother. Behind this picture is another. Both these pictures are over 150 years old. The one underneath is extremely old. I took a picture of both of them. Can you tell me anything about them?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.

There is one image attached here of a genre scene in black and white with a mother and children in an interior scene. These were set-up as photos and then printed using the photogravure method around 1900 and sold as decorative wall art. That print could sell for a high of $20 - $40 on today's market.

~Nora