Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.
63759197

I have an old sugar spoon silver plated. It has a scalloped

Customer Question

I have an old sugar spoon silver plated. It has a scalloped and flower imprinted spoon with a rod shaped handle that has a ball at the top of stem. I have seen two very similar spoons on the net one suggested to be made in 1851. The spoon is stamped along the stem as Made in England May III FP or EP on steel. Can yOu help me with some information on this please
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your spoon.

Thanks for the excellent photo.

How long is the spoon?

Also, could you very kindly attach an image of the mark.

The secret with photographing marks is not to go too close. Pull back from the object so the camera can focus as normal and I'll do the zooming and enlarging this end. It also helps to place the camera on the table as you take the photo, that way everything stays rock steady and sharp.

Many thanks and wait to hear,
Robert.

PS. Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer, ignore them, they are automatically generated by the site (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back and forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Robert