Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

My name is ****** *******,and I wanted to ask about two

Customer Question

Hello my name is ****** *******,and I wanted to ask about two footprint English infill planes that I have , one is 22 inches long and one is 17 and 3/4 long they are metal and wood.they are antique.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.

Hi Donald,

What is the information specifically that you are seeking on these planes?

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to ask
1. the value of the planes
2. their age
3. and whats the best place to sell them
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.

Footprint planes were a copy of Record planes. Footprint planes are not considered top of the line and thus do not command prices like a sought after Stanley plane. Your vintage planes date to mid 20th century. They will sell for $20 - $50 each. The best place to offer them is on Ebay where the most possible woodworking enthusiasts would first search for such.

~Nora