Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers. Author of 3 books on collecting.
57035021

I have a double wheel coffee mill about 70" tall with the

Customer Question

I have a double wheel coffee mill about 70" tall with the brass eagle. It says Philadelphia enterprise mfg CO. It has
Metal basket looks like a pitcher that slides in the middle to catch the coffee. Brass top opens with an Eagle on top. Has a patent date Oct 21,1873 and a brass plate with No 218. It has been professionally painted a dark burgundy. I would like to know its value. I have owned it for over 25 years.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with this question.

Your coffee mill looks beautiful, except that the original paint on the wheel rims was black. This will devalue it slightly.

If the mill is in excellent condition, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $1,500. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $600.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does affect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

Please keep in mind I am only compensated by the site for my answer if you rate me positively.

You do that immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer.

Thank you so much!

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. I need your favorable rating favorable rating.