Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a 16 3/4 in tall heavy cut glass vase (at least 4-5

Customer Question

I have a 16 3/4 in tall heavy cut glass vase (at least 4-5 pounds) with a square base. Item is signed within the glass pattern towards the top but I cannot make out the name. It starts with an s z or maybe j and has what looks like a dotted letter either an i or u or what may be a dotted u like in Germanic language. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.x
PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. DO NOT RATE, WHEN INFO IS BEING GATHERED.!
.x
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.
.x

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.x
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.x

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.x
Or you may use this method:
.x
Go to www.imgur.com
.x
click on Computer
.x
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.x
Hit open.
.x
Click on Start Upload
.x
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.x
.x
.x
.x
.x
This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.
http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...
.x
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.x
.x
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.x
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.x
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.x
.x
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent the pics a few days ago and am waiting to find out if you need more info or or if i need to just put flowers in the vase or go get insurance. i will rate you when i get an answer.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

I am not asking to be rated until I do answer this. I am not sure what you are seeing that would make you think I was wanting a rating. I cannot see what you see.

I have not gotten any pictures forwarded to me from the just answer site, you might want to resend those since they have not sent them to me.

.

.x
.x
.x
.x
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sent photos 2 times, 4 or five days apart. Still waiting for an answer.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am sorry but, I have not received any pictures from the just answer site pertaining to your question. If you emailed them they had to be sent just like this or they will not send them to me.

.

.x
.x
.x
.x

Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont know what else I can do. If they are not forwarding the pics then just forget I asked.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Ok, thank you.