Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Who could I ask about a turn of the century iron cookstove?

Customer Question

Who could I ask about a turn of the century iron cookstove? Who could I call to get rid of it?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not interested in a monthly plan. Just asking about the stove.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.

A circa 1900 (thinking you meant turn of the last century) iron cook stove would be of value to anyone living in rural areas and on farms. I am in Maine and we all love them in the winter here. You can ask $150.00 to $200.00 in your local Craigslist classified listings or local penny trader paper/periodical.

You could also scrap the iron with a recycling company, but it would be better to re-purpose such a great old stove that still has more life in it.

Please do click the stars to rate and to close the question.