Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I'm looking value on a Tiffany style hanging lamp. It…

Customer Question
I'm looking for a value...
I'm looking for a value on a Tiffany style hanging lamp. It looks like leaded glass, but I feel sure it is a man made material with glass inserts. It has no markings, stamps, brand, etc. It is electric and does work.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Tiffany style, man made...JPGTiffany...JPGTiffany style, man made...JPGTiffany...JPGTiffany style, man made...JPGTiffany...JPGTiffany style, man made...JPGTiffany...JPG
I have still not received a response to this question.
Answered in 3 days by:
8/27/2015
Antique Expert: rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you tell me if there is some kind of manufacturers mark or label present?

Thanks

No there are no markings at all.

just the last question, could you tell me the size of the lamp?

Thanks

The overall height of the lamp is 12 inches, the bottom of the shade is 14"

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 180-250$. I can see from the style and type of lamp that it's a modern Tiffany style lamp from the 1960s period.

If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.

Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.

You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!

Please, your rating is required to finish. Kindly use the star system located upwards to rate my answer!

Thanks