Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I'm still awaiting an answer about my original 1907

Customer Question

I'm still awaiting an answer about my original 1907 Harrison Fisher from August 20. What's up?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.

I will answer here as well in case the other is no longer available for you to read.

Harrison Fisher (1875 to 1934) was active and lived in both New York and California. He is known for realism female illustrative painting and etchings. When he died, a family member who inherited his work, at the artist's request, kept the paintings she wanted and burned the rest including 900 of Harrison's originals since they had already been paid for and reprinted as posters, magazine ads or in articles.No one knows the purpose of the C, likely a middle initial, but it also helps verify his signature. This piece looks to be on watercolor paper with a deckled edge. If this is an original , it has a value of $800 to $1000.00. If it is a print, it has a value of $125.00. In order to assess this, you would need a magnifying glass or jeweler's loupe to examine very closely to look for the color separation process in printing (a series of dots within the colors). This is not something that is possible over the internet for obvious reasons.

Please do click the stars to rate.