Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Framed piece Reads on the back Provenance: Dr Ginsburg (note

Customer Question
Framed piece Reads on the back Provenance...
Framed piece
Reads on the back
Provenance: Dr Ginsburg (note on verso)
Hogarth: John Wilkes, Esq. D. 262 ii ? Paulson 214 of ii) Etching 1763
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
8/17/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature/small print, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Hi Nora thank you on the framed peace is 21 by 16"
The etching including title is 14 by 9
I'm trying to upload photos.
It's telling me the files too big I probably have to do it on my PC
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Hi Nora, have been way to busy w/sick husband. couldn't get email to work either. Thank you for your patience. He has had 2 kidney failures within 30 days. My Mastiff has had a mystery illness for 3 months before that. She is going to be fine though, it turned out to be Addison's disease. They call it "The great pretender". I have over 5 grand on her alone.
I would like to know it this print is worth anything, I know you can buy a copy of the print alone on a "low end" for $75. I am curious if this maybe an earlier reproduction?
IMG_5872.JPGIMG_5872.JPGIMG_5873.JPGIMG_5873.JPGIMG_5874.JPGIMG_5874.JPGIMG_5876.JPGIMG_5876.JPGIMG_5875.JPGIMG_5875.JPGIMG_5877.JPGIMG_5877.JPGIMG_5884.JPGIMG_5884.JPGIMG_5882.JPGIMG_5882.JPGIMG_5885.JPGIMG_5885.JPG
Blessings.

Thank you for your patience, I have been offline for a few weeks. I am very sorry to read of the health issues at home with your loved ones. There is a new interface on here and thus the way experts answer questions has changed as well. From the information provided, it appears you may have the Heath 1822 version of this print by Hogarth. In order for me to be definitive, I would really need to see very clear, in-focus images of the small print at the bottom. The Heath 1822 version sells for an average of $75 as well.

Sincerely,

Nora

Nora
Nora