Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I recently had the P.O. loose the knives and forks from a 12

Customer Question

Hello.. I recently had the P.O. loose the knives and forks from a 12 piece silver set. It's Lunt sterling "memory lane." How can I find the value to place a claim?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lost 12 knives, 12 forks, 12 salad forks, 12 soup spoons, 1 butter knife, 1 cake server, 1 carving set (fork and knife) - all in excellent condition. Lunt sterling "memory lane" Need an appraisal for claim with post office.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
Hi, you said there is knives and forks that are missing, are these dinner forks or salad forks, and what kind of knives?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
12 knives, 12 forks, 12 salad forks, 12 soup spoons, 1 butter knife, 1 cake server, 1 carving set (fork and knife) - all in excellent condition. Lunt sterling "memory lane" Need an appraisal for claim with post office. Knives are dinner knives. Basically, everything was missing from a 12 piece dinner service except the teaspoons.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello
I am a little confused, you keep listing more items then what you say were lost. The first question states knives and forks were missing. But, is it actually a whole set service for 12 that is missing?