Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Old dime c/1956 torch on back

Customer Question

old dime c/1956 torch on back
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.

This is a Roosevelt Dime and was made from 1946 (still produced today). John Sinnock, whose initials are at the beginning of the neck on the front, designed this dime that shows a portrait of Franklin D. Roosevelt. In 1956, there was a Denver mint mark (the letter D) and one with no mint mark; both have the same value. There were 108,640,000 minted of this coin. In average condition, this dime has a collector value of 3.50. Any coin before 1964 has 90% silver content, the melt value of the coin is 1.10 with silver at a price of 15.25 a troy ounce.

Please do click the stars to rate me.