Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have this paint that I need you to take a look at it and

Customer Question

I have this paint that I need you to take a look at it and let me know what you think thanks
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know. I asked this question on the 13th. Thanks
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the request here and for your patience. I was on a long weekend trip.
You have a vintage framed color printed reproduction of a painting by Vincent Van Gogh with shellac painted surface that makes it appear like an original painting. The original was completed in 1886/87 and it is entitled ‘Crown Imperial Fritillaries in a Copper Vase’. The publisher of yours printed it in different colors from the original. The one and only original is in the collection of the Museum D’Orsay in Paris, France.
Here is a link for you to the catalog entry of the original painting in the D’Orsay Museum:
http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/collections/index-of-works/notice.html?no_cache=1&nnumid=741
It was common throughout the 20th century for publishers to print images of paintings and sell them as decorative wall art through decorator, furniture and framing shops.
On today's market, this could sell for a high of $40 - $60. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $100.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. The velvet tapestry question is still unrated, and I would really appreciate it if you could please leave a rating for my services.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora