Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a clock that I would like to see if it has any value.

Customer Question

I have a clock that I would like to see if it has any value. It was purchased at an antique shop in Mineola, Texas approximately 20 to 30 years ago. There are markings, that I can see, to tell me who may have manufactured it. I am attaching the picture
of the front and can take more pictures if you need me to.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 2 years ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide a picture of the manufacturers label or marks?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delayed response, but the past couple of days have been hectic.Here are the only markings that I see. I had to dust the back of the clock off to even see these.If you have other questions or even need another picture, obviously please ask.
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, with the picture provided I cannot read the letters in the mark. It's probably because the mark is blurred or in bad state. Could you check the mark to see if you can decypher the text of the mark? It's normally easier to do it in person rather than through a picture

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I looked at the back of the clock and will try to describe what I see.The top of the clock has the numbers 215 122 above a diamond. Inside the diamond are the letters B.C.F (maybe E)
Below the letters looks like a word that starts with Ma and ends with nta. My guess on the word is MagentaThen using the magnifying glass the word Marine looks like it is under the word Magenta.Below that is some more ink that looks like it may have had a 3 in it, but not 100% sure.Let me know if that helps.
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 2 years ago.

I have no idea what is the manufacturer. I will opt out the question to see if another expert can come and help you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much for the attempt.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Have you tried to open this to see what is on the clock works on the inside.
Glenda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have opened the front cover and will take a picture when I get home this evening and upload it for you.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks