Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I bought a doll in an antique shop that looks like a male

Customer Question

I bought a doll in an antique shop that looks like a male doll,but has five long braids. It is wearing white cloth pants with embroidery stitched down the side and in front, red shirt with a pine bough print, brown cape with ornate trim. There is a cumberbun type waist band that is stitched in the back and has three plastic oval like designs on the front. There is a hat that is almost two inches high, brown with ornate trim. There is a silver necklace around the neck, and a silver design on the hat. There is a long stick like object with silver wrapped around it in the hand.The feet are a white soft cloth with straps that go around the feet and around the pant legs. The two arms move up and down. The head is not cloth, but maybe porcelain with face features painted on. The doll looks like it might be European.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.

Please add a photo of the doll and any marks (lift the back of the hair on the doll's head and on the back of the shoulders for marks). You can add pictures by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO ADD A PHOTO. I WOULD LIKE TO CANCEL THIS ACCOUNT.