Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a funny looking silver pin that might be a brutalist

Customer Question

I have a funny looking silver pin that might be a brutalist design of figure
The only stamps I can make out are 1952 and a very stylized C T or G T
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Please do add one more photo of the front of the pin. You can do this with the paper clip icon or add files button.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sending the front of the pin now. . .Thank You
Wendy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I meant to say the stones look to be amethyst and carnelian cabochons
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.

This is a 1952 Modernist Sterling Silver Trumpeter brooch by Sam Kramer (American, 1913 to 1964). He was a very famous eccentric jeweler and artist. His more elaborate pieces are in museum collections.

The semi-precious stone used for the trumpeter's head is a chalcedony cabochon stone and the foot is an amethyst cabochon stone. This piece has a value of $1,000.00 to $1500.00 currently. Pins and brooches are not as collectible as hair combs, necklaces, bracelets and rings made by him.

I will warn you that a person on Ebay is asking 5,000.00 for one. That is not realistic.

Please do click the stars to rate me. This is the only way that the site compensates me for my time.