Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

1866 bible heritige script in german it still binded

Customer Question

1866 bible heritige script in german it still binded together except for front cover
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please look at the bottom of the title page and tell me the publishing company. If you cannot read the German, please type what you see there.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Zeugnik der aedtheit. Fr. Pustet regensburg bavaria
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.

Let me see if I can translate that. I've never taken German lessons.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Me either lol
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find an accurate answer to your question.
I am going to release your question (opt-out) so that if another professional knows the answer, he/she can help you.
I will not be able to respond to your questions once I opt-out.
I hope you find the answer to your question.
Kind regards,
Doris

Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Thank You for your question, my name is***** am a verified expert and will be working with you today. In the 19th century the Bible was the most common published book. I have seen several German Bibles published in 1866. Here is an example of one that is very similar to your Bible being sold on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1866-O-A-Browning-German-Language-Bible-1583-pages-Gorgeous-front-Back-Cover-/231285942598
As you can see it has basically the same carved leather cover as well. The value of these Bibles are mostly based on condition. With an average one selling for $50-75 to a mint condition selling for $200.
Thank you,
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and effort without additional cost to you. It was a pleasure working with you.
Thanks,