Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have acquired a Fireless Cooker made by Ideal/The Toledo

Customer Question

I have acquired a Fireless Cooker made by Ideal/The Toledo Cooker Co. it has a PAT April 17,14 and under that is July 14,14. The information telling about the cooker said the release date was Nov 4, 1917. I have a book that tells how to operate it as well as recipes that is copywright 1920. I have pictures available.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.In excellent working condition your late 1910's Ideal Fireless Cooker prouduced by the Toledo Cooker Company would have a resale value of 300-400USD. With the original book you would be closer to the higher end of those values, as this is a fairly rare piece of manufacturing and cooking history. I have seen results for cookers with the original natural oak finish sell as high as 500USD, but appears that someone "antiqued" this one and painted it white, which would bring down the value some to a collector.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your vintage Fireless Cooker.

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.