Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have my grandfathers gold ring. On the inside is engraved

Customer Question

I have my grandfathers gold ring. On the inside is engraved "E.N.C.O. ,the stone is a large opal, Can you give me any information on who made it,or what type of jewelry it is.The outside sides have a decorative scroll design that might be like art deco I'm really not sure
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Do you see any marking that would elude to the metal content? 10K, 14K, 18K?Are there any damages to the ring?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No other markings that I can find. No damage to the ring
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.

Your ENCO ring would have been produced circa 1950's in New York City. The ring which is gold plated appears to have a white opal in the setting.

The decorative scroll pattern would be more of an art nouveau pattern which was originally made popular circa 1900-1920.

In excellent condition your vintage ring would have a resale value of 30-40USD.

If there are an damages to the ring including any dents or dings, this would detract from the resale value.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your vintage ring.

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.