Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Would like to have appraisal of tea/ coffee set, antique

Customer Question
from King Porcelain Manufacturer in...
Would like to have appraisal of tea/ coffee set, antique from King Porcelain Manufacturer in Berlin, Rocaille(Rococo) Pattern Royal Splendour; also, how/ where to go to sell. Perfect condition- 4 tea cups and saucers, I creamer, 1 sugar with lid, 1 tea
pot, 1 coffee pot, 4 individual pastry plates.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
8/8/2015
Antique Expert: Doris, Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.
Thank you for all the information.
Please allow me time to research your question, calculate current values and write my answer.
Kind regards,
Doris
Your set was made by KPM or Konigliche Porzellan Manufactur of Berlin - the Royal Porcelain Manufacturer located in Berlin.
The Rocaille series was first introduced in 1767.
It continues to be made today.
Your KPM set of Royal Splendour has a retail antiques store value of $2600-2700 assuming good condition with no chips or cracks.
As for where to sell.....If you want to sell quickly at wholesale prices, try one of these sites.
I do not know where you live so I will make suggestions for three countries.
In US:
Replacements.com
ChinaLane.com
ChinaFinders.com
ChinaReplacements.com
In UK:
ChinaSearch.co.uk
MatchingChina.co.uk
ChinaMatchers.co.uk
ReplaceYourPlates.co.uk
Australia: http://www.allthegalleries.com/dealers/porcelain.html
If you would like to sell closer to retail , some ideas are:
The internet has you largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.
Etsy.com - no or small fees
Artfire.com
Goantiques.com - more upscale fee based
Rubylane.com - more upscale fee based
Tias.com
Amazon Marketplace: http://services.amazon.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm/ref=footer_soa?ld=AZFSSOA
cyberattic.com
collectoronline.com
collect.com
trocadero.com
Of these, I would recommend GoAntiques.com or Rubylane.com as being more suitable for your fine set.
A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.
I hope I have helped you.
If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.
All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.
I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.
If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.
All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.
Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.
Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.
Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.
Kind regards.
Doris
Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Doris
Doris
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser