Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I am at least the third generation owner of two matching

Customer Question
plates: majolica in style,aqua, violet...
I am at least the third generation owner of two matching plates: majolica in style,aqua, violet leaves in green, aqua flowers, aqua wheat, brown rim, "S" impressed in blue under the glaze. They came to me through my English family. Could they be Salopian? I have been searching for information. Have not found much that resembles these with this mark.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
8/6/2015
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Please add a photo of the plates and any marks on the bottom of them. Majolica could not be Salopian-Salopian was printed then colored transferware. You can add pictures by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer. (please do not use a flash and back up a bit to get clear pics of the marks)

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur