Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

What is an original R C Gorman painting worth? I have a

Customer Question

what is an original R C Gorman painting worth? I have a signed "seated native American woman" original painting.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.

Rudolph Carl Gorman (1932-2005) was active/lived in NM, AZ, CA and Mexico. He is known for abstract female Indian figure painting. In looking at recent sales of his work, a similar piece Seated Navajo Woman in White Blanket created in 1987 sold for $2450.00 (2014) and Seated Indian Woman created in 1975 sold for $1625 (2010). Your piece has a current value of $2000.00 to $2500.00 based on recent comparable sales.

Please click the stars to rate me and close this question.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
I see that you have read my answer.
Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate.
If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.