How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Glenda B. Your Own Question
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 24784
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Glenda B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have an American flag passed down in our family that is

Customer Question

We have an American flag passed down in our family that is from West Virginia and we are told that it was on a relatives casket that died in the Civil War.It is from 1863 and has only 34 stars. It is very fragile, but we would like to try and save it from further deterioration and display it in some sort of case. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is a large casket size flag. We would like to have it refolded into a ahape that would display some of the stars and stripes and have it sealed in a case to prevent further deterioration. Suggestions on who or how we could do this? My original question was sent over 36 hrs ago and still have no response.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
You would need to take this a frame shop in your area, they will framed this for you in museum quality products, which are acid free. This will protect the flag. Check your local phone book for a Framer or Art Studio, an Art Studio will also have contact information on a framer you can contact.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! Please let me know if you rate this answer, if it did not go through then I can take appropriate measures to make sure I am credited for this. Thanks for letting me know.
Thank you so much!