Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Nora, I have an antique picture frame and baby picture I

Customer Question
Hi Nora, I have an...
Hi Nora, I have an antique picture frame and baby picture I would like to know about. The Frame measures 26"x30". The picture of the child appears to be on fabric rather than canvas. It measures 16"x20". I wonder if the picture has any value or just the
frame. Thanks so much, Sue https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
the picture came in the frame.
8/3/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi Sue,
Thank you for the request.
Please allow me some time to look this over for you.
Cheers,
Nora
Hi Sue,
May I please know what information it is you seek on this frame and baby picture so I can best answer your question at one time.
~Nora
Hi Nora, When it was made, where, style, construction and value. Thanks so much, Sue
by construction I mean what materials is it made from.
Hi Sue,
I am not able to fill in all the blanks on the piece for the information requested.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur