Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Please give directions hard metal casserole from E. G.

Customer Question

Please give directions for cleaning hard white metal casserole from E. G. Webster and Son. It has dark marks remaining after being polished with silver cleaner.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The casserole has a raised lid and a bottom with 2 decorative handles. Inside is an enamel dish to hold contents and a circular ring to hold the enamel pan over hot water. The rim is quite shiny like silver, but has several areas that are black. Generally the piece is grey. The surface of the lid is not smooth.....on purpose-a technique I am not familiar with in silver pieces Thanks!
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.

Please add a photo of the piece so that I can get a better idea of what you mean. You can add pictures by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer.