Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have two of Palenske's prints--one titled "Assualt" with a…

Customer Question
I have two of Palenske's...
I have two of Palenske's prints--one titled "Assualt" with a parchment explaining who the horse was, etc--the other one of several deer in a wild life background entitled "Let's go!" Both are framed (not sure if they are the original), but on the back of each is says Picture by Lambert and the one of Assualt is numbered 151. Just curious about the values.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 5 days by:
8/7/2015
Antique Expert: Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi my name is***** you for your question. I will give you a value range based on recent sales records for his prints. They can sell for $70.00 to $160.00 each depending on the auction.

Reinhold H. PALENSKE (1884-1954)

Birth place: Chicago, IL

Death place: Wilmette, IL?

Addresses: Woodstock, IL

Profession: Etcher, painter, illustrator

Studied: AIC with W. Reynolds.

Exhibited: Chicago SE, 1945 (prize); Smithsonian Inst. (solo); Munic. Art Gal., Oakland, CA; LOC.

Member: Chicago SE.

Work: LOC; NYPL; Royal Gal., London, England; Fort Worth AC Mus.

Comments: Illustr.: The Spur, Washington Star, Chicago Daily News.

Regards Tim