Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

We just purchased Wedgwood dark blue jasper ware irregularly

Customer Question

We just purchased Wedgwood dark blue jasper ware irregularly marked Wedgwood very near the rim. The handle, atta Jed at two white wreaths, and has a faint rope characteristic. The decorations re in raised white classical figures, with the grapes and leaves around the rim. It shows signs of age and use. It is stoneware.
None of the research on the internet helps us to decipher the more heavily incised letterI, possibly an E?, and the number 2. So it looks like I 2
Can you give us a clue?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.

Please add a photo of the piece and any marks on the bottom. You can do this by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer. (please do not use a flash and back up a bit to get clear pics of the marks, having an incised ***** *****t by one side only creates a good shadow to get the mark more clearly)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have the pictures, but the "+ Add files" link does not open to accept the photos. I could forward these pictures via "Drop Box". Please advise.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.

You can email pictures to***@******.*** and put FOR RAREWARES IN ANTIQUES in the subject line so that they will get forwarded to me. This method takes a bit longer, so thank you in advance for some patience.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Expert,
We cannot rate you fairly until you have responded to the pictures we sent you. We are not so much interested in the value, but the age of the pitcher and if it is worth restoration. On my initial viewing I did not see the two small incised marks, until I used a magnifier later. The other two marks are the l2 and the irregular WEGDWOOD. We look forward to hearing from you on these matters. Please let us know if you have not seen the pictures.
Betsy E.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.

I have not received any photos. I think I will opt-out and allow another expert to step in at no extra cost to you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please continue on with another expert. Thank you for your efforts so far. I do no think it's fair to give you a rating now.
Please ask th next expert to contact us soon, especially as to how to see the pictures.
Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Betsy
You are being asked for rating because the Just Answer site is now sending all of our communications to the customer in an answer form. It is suppose to allow the customer to rate when they are satisfied at whatever point in the communications they are along. You never rate an expert until they have let you know what you were needing.
.
I know you already emailed pictures but, I cannot get into that email for the other expert.
Can you resend some images, and please include the bottom.
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.
If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
.
.
.
.
This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.
http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda