Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Antique Bowfront Chest - Would like an appraisal and any

Customer Question
information you can provide about...
Antique Bowfront Chest - Would like an appraisal and any information you can provide about style / make. You'll notice the the front drawers have inlay.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Bow Front Chest.jpgBow Fro...jpgBow Front Chest-2.jpgBow Fro...jpgBow Front Chest-3.jpgBow Fro...jpgBow Front Chest-4.jpgBow Fro...jpgBow Front Chest-5.jpgBow Fro...jpgBow Front Chest-6.jpgBow Fro...jpgBow Front Chest-7.jpgBow Fro...jpg
For Nora
7/31/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Thank you for the request.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Thank you for your patience and my apologies for the delay, I had family visiting from out of town.
At your convenience, please provide clear, in-focus, close-up images of the corners of a drawer so I can see the joinery.
As well, can you please provide links to others that you have found for higher prices and lesser fine condition?
~Nora
Ill work on that Nora.BTW, while I have located some bow front chests that are similar to this chest, this chest is pretty unique in that it has three drawers across the top, not the traditional 1 or 2 top drawer configuration.
Great, thanks!
Nora,
Here are some more pictures, including a side shot of the drawers and their joinery. Also, here are some miscellaneous links advertising bow front chest for sale. I can't find any bow front chest with 3 top drawers across. Would that possibly make this chest more valuable?Thanks
Bow Front Chest-11.jpgBow Fro...jpgBow Front Chest-12.jpgBow Fro...jpgBow Front Chest-13.jpgBow Fro...jpgBow Front Chest-14.jpgBow Fro...jpgBow Front Chest-15.jpgBow Fro...jpg
https://www.google.com/search?q=Georgian+bow+fronted+chest+of+drawers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=Georgian+bow+fronted+chest+of+drawers&tbm=shophttps://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/storage-case-pieces/commodes-chests-of-drawers/english-bow-front-chest-drawers-mahogany-circa-1840/id-f_1298316/?utm_medium=pla&utm_source=google&utm_term=commodes-chests-of-drawers&utm_content=easy-ship&product=f1298316&gclid=CjwKEAjwovytBRCdxtyKqfL5nUISJACaugG1kiSAl7W5HMe3541O34FWKwcvhqhn4NAU1zJE2fpsERoC79Pw_wcBhttp://www.antiques.com/classified/1040216/Antique-Cathedral-Mahogany-Bowfront-Chesthttp://www.rubylane.com/item/330517-hm538/American-Sheraton-Mahogany-Bow-Front-Chesthttps://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/storage-case-pieces/commodes-chests-of-drawers/regency-bow-fronted-chest-mahogany-english-george-iv-circa-1825/id-f_1318848/https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/storage-case-pieces/commodes-chests-of-drawers/regency-bow-front-chest-drawers/id-f_438238/
Thank you for the additional photos and links. I have been traveling on business this week. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
Sincerely,
Nora
I went through the photos -At your convenience, please provide clear, in-focus, close-up images of just one of the corners of a drawer so I can see the joinery.
Thank you,
Nora
Nora,I am trying to upload the pictures of the joiner that you requested but can't seem to get the "Add files" link to work?Thanks
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur