Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

We found this oil on canvas painting behind a dresser when

Customer Question
going through my parents belongings...
We found this oil on canvas painting behind a dresser when going through my parents belongings after dad died. My question is who is the artist, We can't decipher it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 day by:
7/29/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send more photos.
A complete image of the artwork and more images of the signature from different angles.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Nora, the picture size is 20" wide 16" high.As you can see the
clairity is dark, one is not to clear one darker but clearer.
Thank you for the dimensions.
I will await the requested images at your convenience.
~Nora
I have sent some more Pictures did you get them? I couldn't tell
Joyce
Sheep1.jpgSheep1.jpgSheep2.jpgSheep2.jpgSig1.jpgSig1.jpgSig2.jpgSig2.jpgSig3.jpgSig3.jpgSig4.jpgSig4.jpg
Here's trying again
Joyce
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Nora I thought you got the six images I attached. We followed the steps you gave. do you need me to try and send them again? That was the last request I received from you.
Joyce
Hi There,
I have not found a match to this for you.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur