Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a silver teapot. The marks are E P N S with a 3 leaf

Customer Question

I have a silver teapot. The marks are E P N S with a 3 leaf shamrock in between.
The next line 39018
Then a made in England stamp.
Is this antique teapot or even silver teapot?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
This is a teapot that was made in the 1950's. The letters EPNS represent Electro Plated Nickel Silver indicating that he pot is made of a base metal of nickel then was 'dipped' in a thin wash of silver to make it look like sterling silver. This piece would have a value of $15.00 to $25.00 us dollars.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
I see that you have read my answer. Please do click the stars to rate and close this question.