Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I have a copy of James Fenimore Cooper's "The Leatherstocking

Customer Question

I have a copy of James Fenimore Cooper's "The Leatherstocking Tales". I estimate it to be from the late 1800's. It has a bluish-green embossed cover with a Indian raising his club. The spine if very colorful embossed in gold with an Indian sitting below the title.
The book was printed in London by George Routledge and Sons; no date of printing listed. It is in good condition by my eye; i.e. the binding and cover are in great condition. The embossed cover and spine are in excellent shape and very colorful. Nice illustrations. No torn pages. There is some "foxing" on the page edges and on the back of the illustration pages.
Can you give me an idea of the books value?
Thanks,
Tom
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 2 years ago.
Hi TomAre there five tales in one volume? Leather-Stocking Tales: the Deerslayer, the Last of the Mohicans, the Pathfinder, the Pioneers, the Prairie. If so, it was printed circa 1892. In good condition to retail asking price is $350.00 to $375.00.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Tim,
Yes, it has all five stories. So the "retail price" is as stated; but I am not a retailer.
If I was to offer it for sale online to the best buyer (i.e. eBay, Alibris etc), what would be a reasonable asking price?
Tom
$350.00 to $375.00 it is the asking price. on the book sites like amazon, Alibris or one of the other book vendor sites. Be sure to give as much information as possible. Publisher, full title, type of binding, any illustrations, number of pages, condition etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Tim, will do!
Tom
All the best Tim