Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I own a Spanish Desk and chair, Fruitwood and inlaid

Customer Question

Hello: I own a Spanish Desk and chair, Fruitwood and inlaid ivory. Made in Granada, Spain circa 1780, in very good condition. Wondering it's value. Can send pictures. Who locally can assist with appraisal.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
May I know how you came to the attribution that this is a Spanish 18th century piece?
At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus close-up of a corner of a drawer so I can see the joinery as well as a view with the top opened out.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Nora, appreciate your response. I will follow your direction and prepare some photo's for your review. Would you give me an email address or phone# ***** I can text or email these photo's directly from my Iphone? Perhaps after you review the photos we could speak on the phone? I will get these photo's to you Monday. Thanks again. Norm
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Norm,
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora: Just heads up that I sent a bunch of photo's to***@******.*** . Please lookout for it. Let me know of any additional anything you need. Thanks Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for the heads-up on emailing images. I will certainly let you know when they have arrived to me. In the meantime, be on the look-out for a confirmation email from customer service confirming they have received your images and will forward to me. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have recieved an automated email confirming receipt of email, no confirmation of forwarding to you.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
It can take up to a day for me to receive the forward, depending on how much is in the queue ahead of you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nora, please let me know when you receive them and if they are sufficient. Regards & Thanks: Norm
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I certainly will
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora: Did you receive the photo's? What's next? Thanks. Norm