Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an oriental painting on silk of a tiger and an eagle

Customer Question

I have an oriental painting on silk of a tiger and an eagle in confrontation. There are two marks that I think identify the artist. It is beautiful and full of palpable energy and is done in vivid bright colors. I have photos of,the painting an closeup photos of the signature symbols. How would I go about appraising this painting.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. What is the size? At your convenience, please send photos. A complete image of the back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for responding. I will get photos tomorrow in good light. Nancy
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi , That is fine - send over images at your convenience. If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am having trouble sending my pic files. Is there another way to manage this?
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Nora I will try the email.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Great, thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nora,
Have you gotten the pictures I sent yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why was I referred to a different Expert?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Since I have not had any response from this different expert in 48 hours since I was switched at 01:51 on July 30 2015. And, since I have not received any information about my painting, I want to hear from this new expert by tomorrow noon or I want my money back. I contacted you in good faith, I expect a good faith response.