Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a old sword with WIBDO and below that 1850. What can

Customer Question

I have a old sword with WIBDO and below that 1850. What can you tell be about it?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.In order to value this item, I'll need to see an overall photo and a close-up of the markings. The markings you are giving me don't come up in any databases, but seeing them may help me to interpret them.Please let me know if you need assistance with photo upload.Sincerely,Jennifer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have the picture capability but am looking for someon who can do this for me thank you
Thanks.Is it at all possible it's marked M1850 instead of WIBDO?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The 1850 is below the letters and it is just those four numbers
Thank you. Because WIBDO doesn't bring up any records, I would need to see photos.Jennifer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm still trying to send you a picture. We were at an event this last weekend, there were Civil War collectors there and two of tem said the same thing, they think it is the manufacturer. It's frustrating!
You can try emailing photos to***@******.*** . Just make sure you ask them to forward them to me, AppraiserJM.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also need help with that. I am just so not up to speed on how to do these things. I am still ooking for someone to help me with this.