Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

Frank... I was looking at a post on your website regarding a antique roll top desk. I h

Customer Question

Hi Frank... I was looking at a post on your website regarding a antique roll top desk. I have one exactly like the one in this post:
http://www.justanswer.com/antiques/73lw0-believe-antique-roll-top-desk-need-know.html#re.v/174/
The only difference is the numbers on the back of the shelf are #232-24.
I would love to send you pictures for your input on when it might have been made and its worth. It was my fathers and he is gone now, so would love to know more about its origin. He found it as a teenager left in a empty lot back in the Early 60's Thank you for your time
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your request.There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to***@******.*** with ATTNCustomerin the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time,Frank
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I sent 2 emails with pictures Monday 7/20/15. I am sending a couple more pics of the drawer inside and out, but I cant get to the back of the desk. It is in an area I cant get it pulled out.
I do not see any damage other than the back of one of the drawers the bottom of the drawer does not go all the way to the back of the drawer, I believe the wood base was broken and is missing about an inch or so of wood.The lock works. the inside of a couple of the drawers are a bit dirt stained.Please let me know your thoughts. I ahve had 2 charges posted already to my card and I have not gotten any information from you yet...
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Very interesting, I have yet to receive any of the photos.I will keep an eye out for the emails, but I would highly recommend reseeding to***@******.*** with attnCustomerin the subject heading .I look forward to hearing from you,Frank
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is exactly where I sent them. They may have shown as being sent from email***@******.*** since they were sent from my phone
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
As long as that is the email you signed up with there should not be any problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it's not but I resent them today from the one I did sign up with
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
The photos came in perfectly late last night, thank you. Your early 20th century horizontal slat, roll top desk would have been produced circa 1910 to early 1920's. The oak and plywood desk which has four drawers on either side of the kneehole would have a retail shop value of 800-900USD in excellent condition. These big desks have been a tough sell as of late due to a drop in demand and a greater number of the desks on the market. A great find for someone looking in an empty lot, if you were to attempt to resell the desk yourself a realistic fair market value would be closer to 300-400USD. I hope this information was helpful to you today.Best of luck with your roll top desk .Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.Thank You,FrankPlease let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome