Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I receive a Tibetan painting that has the following written

Customer Question

I receive a Tibetan painting that has the following written on the back.
Amitabha
A-mitayus Buddha of Urending Life
Yab Yum couple w/ prayer wheel, bell, flower (early 17 - 18 Century
Miss Chlerie Reynolds, Curator, Newark Museum,***** Newark, N.J. # ***** Referred by Miss Lovell of Freer Joll.Art
The colors are mostly blue, red, green and white. It has a red wooden frame that looks homemade and a cheap (looking matting). Bottom left hand corner of front of matting says:
Tibet
YIDAA
ADITAYU
JE
This is probably close to what it says. It is faded. The plain brown paper on the back of the frame has rotted off. Can you help me identify this or refer me to someone that is an expert in this area. I live in Palm S-prings, CA. Glad to pay whatever fee.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send more photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature and/or small print, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora