Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have some pieces of that were passed down to me from my…

Customer Question
i have some pieces of...
i have some pieces of that were passed down to me from my mother and father. I have only been informed it was brought over by grandmother from England and it was passed down to her. I would like to get some real history on the pieces and the amount they are worth?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Antiques
7/17/2015
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
You would have to take these to a jeweler to determine if these are real gold, pearls, and diamonds. There is an acid test (does not harm the item) to test for gold if there are no marks on the back indicating so, and there is an electronic device that one can set the tip on the top of a stone to tell if it is a gemstone or glass.I can only go so far here without those tools. Let me know any marks on the back or clasps of these pieces.