Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I inherited from my mom a 50-75 piece collection of depression

Customer Question

I inherited from my mom a 50-75 piece collection of depression blue glass. I'd like to sell the whole collection as individually most of the pieces aren't worth a lot. Can I do that online or should I go through auction? Dealer
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
The best thing to do in your case is to contact an antiques auction that also has an online presence (invaluable.com and/or liveauctioneers.com). You can go on either of these websites and do searches by zip code, region so that you could find one nearest to you (pick the largest city near you for best prices at auction) . If you consign, they will take it away for you and handle everything. This will cost a 10-20% commission off of the check that they would send you 14 to 45 days after the auction.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks! Just answer I needed.
George
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
You are so welcome.Let's close this question by having you click the stars. If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'forCustomeramp;#39; so that you could get me again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will do
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. let me be the last to answer here, otherwise it opens the question every time you reply. Click those stars and ask for me by name the next time you have a question.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for reading my answer and getting the info that you needed about the depression glass collection. Please do click the stars so that I can be rated.