rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have a fluted silver serving bowl with Barker Ellis on the

Customer Question

I have a fluted silver serving bowl with Barker Ellis on the bottom, a goblet within a circle, and the letters E.P.C.A below that. Any information about that would be appreciated.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 2 years ago.
HelloThank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed. British makers adopted a letter code to identify the base metal and/or the different silver plating process used on their "Plated" wares. EPCA is the acronym of Electro Plated Copper Alloy which tell us the bowl is electroplated. The words Barker Ellis, tell us the manufacturer. The firm was established in Birmingham in 1801 and was in business until 1960. Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.The value will be in the range of 40-70$. Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!