Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a realy nice antique painting fron estates.How

Customer Question

Hello,I have a realy nice antique painting fron estates.How can I have any ideas about it?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello Nora. I missed all pictures for my painting. Today I did additional photos and I will try to email you. The painting that I bought on estate did not have a frame and you can see the back of the painting. please let me know if is something interesting or not.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Natalia OborocP.S. Sorry But I can not sent to you the photos.Here is the note:Sorry – the file is too large. Please try a file 5MB or smaller.What I have to do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok.Take you time .
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
I can provide an estimate of value based on comparables, though not an artist name or country of origin.
~OR~
I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional fee.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Nora.I think is better to have full opinion and you can contact the experts .I will wait just let me know now if it worth this painting and give me any idea.
Thank you
Soncerely
Natalia
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Natalia,
Certainly.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora